To apply: Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Owners
Classification: Full time, Exempt
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of assigned construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Generate daily progress report of activities on the job site.
- Keep track of material stock and orders.
- Update project schedule weekly.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regard to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Perform job progress and completion.
- Complete punch list.
- Timely completion of project in accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes.
- Previous experience as a construction superintendent or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of local quality, safety, and health guidelines for construction job sites.
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes.
- Familiarity with CAD software.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to lead and inspire.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field a plus.
Employee is frequently required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.